2017-2018 IHEA-USA Committee Membership & Charges
Nominations and Awards
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. James Reed (OR, Chair) 2. VACANT
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. VACANT 2. Wendy Horine (NE)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1. Mark Ostroski (DE) 2. Josh Mackay (NH)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. Megan Fedrick (MS) 2. Jennifer Pittman (GA)
Board Delegate: Melissa Neely (NY)
- Distribute nomination forms and criteria for officers of the board to members ninety (90) days in advance of the annual conference. The Nominations Committee will collect all nominations from members at least forty-five (45) days in advance of the annual business meeting held at the annual conference. The Nominations Committee will submit the nominees to the Secretary of the Board for distribution to the members at least thirty (30) days in advance of the annual business meeting held at the annual conference.
- Distribute award nomination forms and criteria to membership at least 120 days in advance of annual conference, solicit nominations for those awards, evaluate and rank completed nomination forms, submit recommendations to Executive Board for final votes/decisions no later than 45 days in advance of conference.
- Update Hall of Fame area on website to include photos and a write-up of the awardee. Finish the guidance document on procedure of awards nominations and honorariums. This shall include a description of the award, nomination requirements, presenter of the award, and who is responsible for the selection of the winner. Consider consolidation if possible to 6-8 awards.
By-Laws and Resolutions
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. Wayde Cooperider (MT) 2. David Whipple (WA)
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. Larry Morrison (IN) 2. Jon King (WI)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1. Melissa Neely (NY, Chair) 2. Josh Mackay (NH)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. Marisa Lee Futral (AL) 2. Joe Huggins (AR)
Board Delegate: Wayde Cooperider (MT)
- Seek input from the members and Board for any bylaw amendments and communicate any proposed changes to membership in advance of the 2018 IHEA-USA Conference. Discuss renaming of associate memberships to more marketable terms. Solicit input for updating By-Laws to allow voting by electronic means.
Standards and Evaluation
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. Ashley Lynch (AZ) 2. Brenda Beckley (ID)
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. Kent Barrett (KS) 2. Megan Wisecup (IA)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1 Sgt. Robert Ford (MD) 2. Melissa Neely (NY)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. David Dodson (VA, Chair) 2. Steve Hall (TX)
Special Advisors: Laura Ryder (NH) Chris Baldwin (IHEA-Canada)
Board Delegate: Marisa Futral (AL)
- Develop standards for trapping. Solicit input from membership and develop standards and delivery methods that maintain reciprocity between all member states in these areas. Work with the Research Committee to develop Interactive Course Standards.
Four members per bylaws:
1. Ginamaria Smith (AK) 2. James Reed (OR)
3. Brad Heidel (Chair) 4. Marisa Futral (AL)
1. Paulette Lubke 2. Bill Cline (FL)
3.Rachael Ladd (IA) 3. WSFR Regional Rep.
Board Delegate: Josh Mackay (NH)
- Assist IHEA-USA staff in planning, conducting, and wrap up of the immediate past IHEA-USA conference and assist with the scheduled conferences.
- The Board made a motion at the January 2015 winter meeting to have a special executive director committee consisting of: Megan Wisecup (Chair), Otto Jose, John McKay, Rachael Ladd, John Sears and Paulette Lubke update the IHEA-USA Conference Planning Guide.
- The Board would like to see a draft by the Winter Board Meeting in February 2018 and have a final document completed at the annual conference in 2018. This will assist the host states in the future with planning, coordination, and implementation of the annual conference.
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. Carl Edmiston, (AK) 2. Kevin Lockwood (OR)
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. John Sears (IA, Chair) 2. Louis Stithem (NE)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1. VACANT 2. Mark Hebert (NY)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. Ricky Roland (FL) 2. Bill Clayton (SC)
Board Delegate: Lt. Larry Morrison (IN)
- The instructor advisory committee shall explore opportunities to conduct multi-state instructor rendezvous/academies, develop training aids and list instructions on how to make those teaching aids, provide the Board a list of potential committee project requests that they would like to see developed, expand individual memberships with instructors and explore the additional value added benefits that IHEA-USA can provide to the instructors. Select the recipient of the Davidson Gallery of Guns instructor and student award. Provide information on grants available to instructors and clubs, how to become an official non-profit club, and poll instructors to see the type(s) of trainings they’d like to see provided in an online/internet platform.
Hunting Incident Committee
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. Robert Pelzman (CA) 2. VACANT
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. Allen Crouse (IA) 2. Michael Brooks (MO)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1. Ken Bruno (NY) 2. Andy Hueser (PA)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. Pam Steelman (FL, Chair) 2. Steve Seitz (GA)
1. Charles Bruckerhoff (CT)
Board Delegate: Megan Wisecup (IA)
- Develop policy and specific guidelines for academy operations and provide input on instructor selection criteria and training. Develop, update, and implement a state host guide, teaching outlines, academy curriculum, and other necessary student materials for the Hunter Incident Academy and work with the Board on any legal requirements necessary for such documents. Research new technology, tools and resources that can be incorporated into the academy or as part of a “tool kit” for member states in addition to providing the following: feedback and recommendations on future academy locations, equipment/material needs for instructors and students, a conclusion survey of participants, contractual needs for professional services and development for instructors, and a summary of the academy and surveys to the Board within 60 days of academy completion.
- Work directly with the Hunting Incident Academy host state to ensure that they are adhering to the guidelines such as: facility needs, field exercise sites, local media coverage/press releases, and that the number of host state staff/role players provided is sufficient to hold an academy.
- Work with the Executive director and Board on potential PSA’s, safety videos, and other media related outlets to provide messages to the public on hunting incident prevention. Provide recommendations on ways to improve hunting incident data collection from the states into a national database, including following up with their state hunter administrators in their region for the information, and stress the importance of this data at the annual academy. Furthermore, to poll the states to see what agency/agencies have jurisdiction when investigating HRSI’s.
- Provide the Board with basic knowledge requirements for students of the Hunting Incident Academy who are HRSI investigators as part of their official job description Furthermore, to come up with measurable criteria that demonstrates the instructors are proficient in instruction and have an area of expertise in HRSI.
Region 1 (Western Region): 1. Tristanna Bickford (WY) 2. Wayde Cooperider (MT)
Region 2 (Mid-West Region): 1. Kyle Lairmore (MO) 2. Matt Ortman (OH)
Region 3 (Northeast Region): 1. Susan Langlois (MA) 2. Nicole Meier (VT)
Region 4 (Southeast Region): 1. Billy Downer (SC, Chair) 2. Bill Cline (FL)
1. John Sears (IAC)
2. Jason Kool (MT)
3. Walter Lane (GA)
4. Charles Bruckerhoff (CT)
5. William Johnson (Canada)
6. Edgar Wenzel (Mexico)
7. Carl Arnold (South Africa)
Board Delegate: Eric Shanks (LA)
- Enhance hunter education delivery and assessment through scientific studies that evaluates program and instructor performance. Continue to provide input for the Chase and WMI project. Work with the Standards Committee to develop Interactive Course Standards. Continue to work with CAHSS on R3 research initiatives.